If you’ve once watched Dora the Explorer (the kids cartoon that was so interactive), you would remember that whenever Dora was about to achieve something important, Swiper the fox always showed up.
You must catch the troubling foxes, those sly little foxes that hinder our relationship. For they raid our budding vineyard of love to ruin what I’ve planted within you. Will you catch them and remove them for me? We will do it together.
Song of Songs 2:15 TPT
Little foxes: Those things that do not allow God’s expression in your life.
I once heard of the story of a particular lady who was very afraid, she had this little fox in her life called fear that never allowed her to excel in any of her exams. The moment she got rid of the little fox, she started doing very well in her tests and exams.
The little foxes are in different forms. They may come in form of procrastination, you keep saying “I will do it later”. They may come in form of anger, you do not have self control and you just get exasperated at the slightest thing and many more.
HOW TO GET RID OF THOSE LITTLE FOXES.
1. Identify them: What are those things that deprive you from achieving things, that deprive God’s work in you. Identify them.
2. Write them out: Don’t just have a head knowledge about them. Write them out.
3. Ask for help: The last sentence in the Bible text above says “We will do it together”. This means, God is ready to help you get rid of them and once you are ready too, He said you will do it together ( You and Him). You are not alone. Ask God for help. You can also ask people for help.
4. Take conscious effort to get rid of them: Let’s go back to Dora the Explorer. Whenever Dora saw that the fox was approaching her, she would say “Swiper no swiping”. That was a conscious effort to get rid of the fox. Be conscious, be consistent, do not give up.
5. Speak it, live it: This point is similar to the previous. Speak to that fox and believe that it is gone. The fox will keep coming and you would have to keep speaking to it and living without it.
With these steps, you can proudly say BYE, BYE LITTLE FOXES.
Gotta laugh: I watched an episode of Dora the Explorer to write this blog post.
I know you loved this post. Take a step further by following this blog for more posts.